"My Daddy Strongest!!" - A fine accolade to my Dad.





We call him whatever we fancy. Daddy, Dad, Appa(Korean drama influence), Papa, Pop...and he doesn't mind at all. Ever since I saw that TV add back when I was a kid, I cannot seem to let it out of my system. A cutesy kid screams, "My Daddy Strongest", and I used to think, No, MY Daddy's Strongest!! No matter how old I get, I will never get over the notion that my daddy is the strongest above all daddys. (And you are welcome to think the same; we're not holding any sort of competition here). He has three girls and coming from a background like his, you'll be amazed by the courage he had to bring us all to Kathmandu and educate us. I salute the absolute faith he has in us. He's like a friend and he's like a father, he's like a boss and he's like a companion. He was always there when we needed him and will be there when we need him. I will not say he is the perfect gentleman, cause he has his times of rashness. He is not always so friendly; he can be the damnest Hitler you can imagine. He has his queer habits, but who doesn't? I do, and maybe I have inherited some from him too. He scolds us, and scares the shit out of us at times, but he also takes care so that we do not break down. He does so keep us together, keep us strong. He goes that extra mile even before we ask him to. He's been through a lot for us. Again, you may ask, whose daddy hasn't? And again, I'll say, I'm not trying to compare my Pa to yours. I'm simply trying to remind me how great my Pop is. He smiles and *laughs* more. His jovial attitude makes me it all the more easier for us. He's sweet, he's funny, he's scary, he's loving and caring…He’s everything a kid can ask in her parent. If I had to start all over and choose a daddy, I wouldn't choose Will Smith, from "The Pursuit of Happiness", or Marlin, from "Finding Nemo" (he's a fish, I KNOW, but a great father anyways). I wouldn't choose anybody. I'd choose my dad over and over.

We love you Daddy. We'll be damned if we didn't do you proud one day. Happy Fathers Day!!

Comments

  1. my daddy strongest! =)) here's to your dad and mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading it over n over again...but the feeling is always the same. I am too emotional *sob sob. Hats off to the writer who is my bestie n my sissy n Hats Off to our Dad who is the world's best dad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :P Rapke Maala, Hafta do our daddy proud!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely write up by lovely daughter. Keep writing !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hyena: Doglike, but like no dog anyone would want as a pet.

Life Intensely Lived.

Beauty Missed or not.