Eat, Pray, Love


"Eat, Pray, Love" I believe, is one of the most influential books that I have read this year. This particular book is plagued by good sayings about life, love, self, belief, travel and all sorts of stuffs that make you smile with confidence. Many have complained about my non-belongingness. Blame it to my star sign (Sagittarius through and through) but I have always had that lust for not belonging to one place or person. That will change in time; I am positive of it. I have people in my life that I have love and that who love me as much. Yet, I am bound to be unbound and fly away some day. Anyways, this blog is about the quotes from the very book that seems to be so close to my heart.




“This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.”
 


“I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and I am braver than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.”  (saying this to yourself)


“Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” 


“Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.”
 


“When I get lonely these days, I think: So BE lonely, Liz. Learn your way around loneliness. Make a map of it. Sit with it, for once in your life. Welcome to the human experience. But never again use another person's body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilled yearnings.”


“To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.” 


“Tis' better to live your own life imperfectly than to imitate someone else's perfectly.”


“You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control.”   


“I think I deserve something beautiful.” 


“There’s a crack (or cracks) in everyone…that’s how the light of God gets in.” 


“In desperate love, we always invent the characters of our partners, demanding they be what we need of them, and then feeling devastated when they refuse to perform the role we created in the first place.” 


“I met an old lady once, almost a hundred years old, and she told me, 'There are only two questions that human beings have ever fought over, all through history. How much do you love me? And Who's in charge?” 

“It's still two human beings trying to get along, so it's going to be complicated. And love is always complicated. But humans must try to love each other, darling. We must get our hearts broken sometimes. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyena: Doglike, but like no dog anyone would want as a pet.

Life Intensely Lived.

Beauty Missed or not.