Trek to Ghandruk : A Photo Diary


Whenever I go to places, I try to write about it so that when people want to visit that place, they would have a bit more of an idea about that place that I did before they actually depart.


I went to Ghandruk last month and before leaving or making a decision about whether to go or not, naturally I searched online for the pictures or any sort of blog on the Ghandruk-experience. Sadly, I didn't find much. So here it is; the story and pictures from my point of view.


Going on the trip to Ghandruk had been a spur-of-a-moment-decision so I had less time to plan and pack. Since I have been to a number of trips before this one, it was not so hard anyways. I was going with a group of about a dozen people, and I knew only one person from that trip. I am not so fond of making new friends or getting along with strangers, so it is a mystery why I jumped in. Probably the travel-mania got the best of me.


We left Kathmandu after work (around 7) and made for Pokhara. We reached Pokhara only after midnight and went to bed immediately (at least I did).

"Chachahuii Fun Park and Resort" The name promises fun.
Lake Side, Pokhara
View of the Peace Gumba and the Taal Barahi temple.
No Smoking: I wonder if people do follow this instruction
The Lovers(?)
NCell, Here for Nepal
Kayakers
Mules, Mules everywhere (On our way from Pokhara to Birethanti)
TIMS Check post at Birethanti

Open Defecation Free Zone *Who'd shit there?*
We head right

Red.

Resturant.

Now, here's an interesting find. I have taken pictures of many of such spelling errors throughout the trek. I do not mean to insult them; it's just that I find them intriguing. The people who made such errors are merely trying to adapt themselves to the touristical intrusion in their lifestyles.

Mhung Batma *Resting*

Nice Wind Place


The beginning of the "real" trek


After walking 3 hours on "roads" I was tired and had begun to regret my coming to this so-called trek. There was no such thing as trekking trails so far and I was starting to get annoyed with myself for signing up on this mundane walking trip. And then out of nowhere, we had to start taking these stone-ish steps through a village and that was real fun.





Tolite Room
Thank God for the clouds.
Khaini ko dabba.
*Waiting*

Farming
Less intimidating than Stairs of Cirith Ungol but tiring nonetheless.
"Restuarent Lunch & Hot Could Dring"



I cannnot imagine carrying these AND walking uphill.



Notice on Waste Management


 




Human Potential Education Center. Hmmm

Nepal : English : To Gather
How is my face *Interestingly this mirror was placed a bit high and I could not really see  how my face was*
Yak Showls ; Yak living 6700 Mitre high in the Mustang Area
A world of its own.
Foot prints of the YETI on my hand.
Pretty Butterfly.




More Mules

A patch of sunshine 

First of the many Rhododendrons we encountered on the way.




And more mules.



Nettle bush.



Zoom and you'll see a flock of birds overhead.

"Bhoot ka Baap ka Khajana" Translation : Ghost's Father's Treasure *I can't even begin to imagine what this product might be*





Happy Birthday Gabby Kim!!






It took us about 6 and a half hour to get to Ghandruk. Normally it just takes about 4 hours for an average person but there were just too many of us, many unaccustomed to trekking; and we wasted our time stopping for far too many times for resting, eating, catching up, or just chatting. 


Morning Glory : Mount Annapurna at sunrise
Mount Machhapuchhre aka Fishtail



Breakfast time

Farmlands

Gayi bhais panimein.


Losing the view as we made our way back












"Some love 1, Some love 2, I love 1, that is u." Some poetry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyena: Doglike, but like no dog anyone would want as a pet.

Life Intensely Lived.

Beauty Missed or not.