My take on life...(kura ho 14 July, 2011 ko)



We live long lives. This may not seem to be true to us who think we have so less time and so much to do. We feel as if time passes us by so swiftly. When we look back, so many things seem to have happened and that too so fast, and we seem to have reached so far from where we had started, if there is such a point of beginning to begin with. Those who know how to, live their lives one moment at a time. But we're never given a manual about how to live our lives, how to deal with the problems we face every day, how to differentiate what's good for us from what's bad for us. There are days when it feels like time is just slugging by. A second feels like a minute, a minute feels like an hour and it feels like a miracle when an hour passes. But still, miraculously we live our lives without even realizing what we've done and how we did it.


It has nearly been a year since I joined SB, and yet it feels like it was just yesterday since I walked in that door nervously for my first job interview. We have to make so many decisions in our lives and so many of us do it at the spur of the moment. I did the same thing ten months ago. I was fresh out of college and I wanted job. I applied to just about everywhere without knowing what I wanted to do. And I really didn't know what I wanted to do. I didn't even know what I could do. SB was the first place that wanted me and I jumped at it. Sales isn't my thing at all, being a non-talkative person that I am and yet I spent ten months in it. I'm getting tired of this job and I want out but I still don't know what I'd like to do if I left here. I'd still have the dilemma of where I'd like to work. I don't regret any of my decisions, not even the ones I made at the spur of the moment, not even SB where I have to spend my days talking to people when I'm not really a people person. I've met some fabulous people here and have great memories to take away with me. When I think about how many people spend a good number of years in doing what they don't want to do, not knowing what they want to do in real, I wish they made a machine of some sort where we can insert our hand and that machine gave an answer to what we should do. Unfortunately, I have to figure that on my own. Some people are lucky. They know what they want and they get to do it. Others know what they want but can't do it for some reason. I fall in the third group of the most unfortunate people who don't even know what they want to do. From the ten months in sales, at least I know it's not sales I want to do.


I'm done with my Bachelors and I have to do my Masters sooner or later. The four years I spent in LACM were the best years I spent on my education. I didn't enjoy my school and +2 life as much as I enjoyed my Bachelors life. I did BBIS where IS stands for Information Systems…not my cup of tea either. I've lived my life studying what I didn't want to study and doing what I didn't want to do. But I've learnt to "live", not just exist. In this long life we get, we get millions of seconds and millions of chances to create moments and memories. We may not get to study what we want to study but we do get to study, we may not get to do what we want but we do live in times when we have to get our asses out of our homes and make a living.


They say life is short but I say life is long, at least for those who appreciate the value of moments. Live life to the fullest, enjoy every moment, don't regret anything you do, find happiness in the smallest of the things, go out, stay in...but have fun. Make your life worthwhile, touch peoples' lives, and make a place for yourself in their hearts and memories. 

Comments

  1. You, definitely, aren't the only one with mixed feelings. Leading life could be a tricky business when you do not have someone reliable, experienced and decent enough next to you to show you the ways of life esp when it comes to pursuing your higher studies and choosing a career path. I've been a victim myself. I wanted to become an architect who designed homes, aesthetically beautiful buildings and landmarks which would wowed the world, but my fate decided otherwise. It was only after my first year in BE Civil I realised I had chosen the wrong subject. I was tempted to quit BE and join BArch but finance came into equation. Often my lecturers voiced my feeling that I should have studied BArch seeing my immaculate drawings. I continued & completed my BE with shit loads of hiccups if you know what I mean. :)) The good thing was an Engineer can possibly do stuffs that an Architect does, however, it doesn't really work vice-versa. As an Engineering graduate I designed scores of houses but not a single home. And now my interest in designing homes has slightly diminished. Nonetheless should I build my own house, it's gonna be a dream house. It's in my mind. :))


    Now I work for a multinational consultancy called Mott MacDonald based in the UK. And I have been seconded to Norfolk County Council ( like Nagarpalikas back home) for almost two and half years. It's a job any young Nepalese graduate dreams for looking at current employment climate. Recession is a mass murderer. However, I am miles away from the satisfaction that one normally would get from his/her decent job. I don't have passion in what I do. To be honest I have no particular aspiration as such. I am still unsure what I would really want out of my life as a career. Like everybody does, I hate nine to five jobs fervently. But I can't whine too much. Beggars can't be choosers. My job helps me pay my mortgage, bills and expensive hobby like photography. :) I can possibly switch career (though it's not recommended) when times are right. I can write pages and bore you to death but I'll spare you this time.


    The bottom line is - life is too short to rue over past and contemplate on ''what I could have done...''. Life iz bootiful. Those who find happiness in the smallest of the things are the happiest bunch of all.


    Thanks for sharing. Keep it up.



    PS - this is the sixth time I am trying to post this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, leemboo ji's comment here says it all. I must say that what i set out to do isn't what i actually am doing right now as well. but not to comment m still happy for what i am right now. i love the job i have which is completely different to what i came here for. anyways life just goes on. u still have many opportunities ahead of you. enjoy your life Ranjana. oh we share the same name 'RON' hehe.
    Tk Cr keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when people say keep writing or keep sharing...I never thought I'd write for people to actually read it and like it...lol, but here I am writing blog after blog..
    I'm trying out for the job of junior writer..it's nothing creative but it's still writing..
    Anyways, thanks for reading again :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hyena: Doglike, but like no dog anyone would want as a pet.

Life Intensely Lived.

Beauty Missed or not.