To believe or not to believe...that is the question.




I still get emails from websites like Tarot, I Ching, Horoscope Daily...but despite their diligence, they always end up in my "deleted" folder without being read. I suppose there is a time in life when you fall for anything and then later realize how stupid they have been the whole time. To be honest, back in school, I used to buy newspapers just to see my horoscope. That would be a way to prepare me for the day. If Sagittarius had 5 stars, I'd be happy, thinking that my day was going to go flawlessly, and that something good was going to happen. But if someday, there was a 2/3 stars then, my spirits would just slump and I'd dread going to school at all.

Teenage: boys, boys, boys, or just that special one; a casual attraction or a deep love, no matter how mistaken. Truth be told, going to school has only a handful of motives, nearing the top is the people of opposite sex; my crush, my friends’ crush, my crush's crush, etc. And horoscope came a lot handy then. What does my horoscope say? What does his horoscope say today? Is my zodiac sign compatible to his? Which zodiac sign is most compatible to mine? And the list goes on. And then as we start to get serious about life, we'll want to know about our futures. And even though, we know about ourselves, we want to know our "characteristic" according to our sun signs. Sometimes, I am amazed at my own characteristics, as in my characteristics as an Archer. The websites are correct on pinning down my personality. Am I "Optimistic and freedom-loving", "Jovial and good-humored", "Honest and straightforward", "Intellectual and philosophical"? Yes. Am I also "Blindly optimistic and careless", "Irresponsible and superficial", "Tactless and restless". Yes to this too. But I could also be "Impulsive and impatient" (Aries), or "Shrewd and cautious" (Cancer), or "Modest and shy" (Virgo) or some other characters that define people from some other sun sign. I am not being judgmental but rather just laying out my thoughts.

I could say I believe in zodiac characteristics, but what about the daily predictions on what'll happen to a certain sun sign on a certain day? I find that totally lame. But then sometimes things just match up; might just be a coincidence, might not as well. People believe in these things with the whole of their hearts. I used to do that too once upon a time. Now, I think I'm just busy trying to shape the way things are to care about the mumbo jumbo of some astrologists. Those who do believe in stuffs like these, I know why they do it because I have passed through that phase before. And those who don’t, I understand them as well. Do our stars make up our future or do we do it ourselves, is it the stars that rule what we do, or are we just independent, are some sun signs blessed with winning characters, are some people successful just because they were blessed to be born under a certain planet. Questions, questions. To believe or not to believe, that is up to you. To unravel the mystery is also up to you. To even WANT to do it is also in your hands…or your stars, for that matter. 

Comments

  1. Well my entire college life passed with three stars for Aries...what a shame!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in your hands to make it 5/5 from now on. :)

      Delete
  2. first off, there are about 7 billion pple in the world and the idea that each of them have been divided into 12 zodiac signs doesn't settle with me. i mean if zodiac signs were a real deal then the world would be a real boring place to live because each of us would come with one of the 12 designated characters. i guess my point is i try not to believe in astrology. but it fun nonetheless.
    tyo kuro choda, i didn't know you girls had so much going on while in school. herda ta babal quite lagtheeo you and your army of girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will never know what goes on inside a girl's mind. The quieter a girl is the more tangled her brain is..is what I believe : I'm telling you from personal experience. ;)

      As for the credibility of astrology, like I said, it is entirely your choice...but it is fun at times, haina?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hyena: Doglike, but like no dog anyone would want as a pet.

Life Intensely Lived.

Beauty Missed or not.