The best feeling in the world?

If I ask you what the best feeling in the world is, what will your answer be? Love? (Yes) Security? (Definitely) Accomplishment? (Without doubt) Happiness? (No question) But there is another thing that is also as important. Lets give you some scenarios to build on what I might be getting at.

The other time I was caught in a downpour. Well, technically, I wasn't really caught-caught in it because I had a brolly with me, like I always do. But most other people were definitely caught in it. (oh, poor them) And in another instance, it started to get really chilly because of the wind in summer-ish time but I had my cardigan with me so I was cool. And then we have the classic exam time example. I am at my exam hall, I look at the questions and I go, wow I know the answers to these questions. 

What I am getting at, is that one of the best feelings in the world is being prepared. Rain? Got a brolly. Chilly? Got a cardigan. Exam? I know the answers. Past these mundane life occurrences lie the great life situations. You are in a foreign land with no friends, no job and just some money to get by a few weeks. Your spouse of many years just decides the marriage isn't working out and wants a divorce. You win a ticket to a show halfway across the world but you can't afford the airfare. You start to fall in love with someone you shouldn't. 

Are there always answers? No. Can we always be prepared? Highly unlikely. But we can try our best, can't we. If life has taught me one thing, it is that life can be so very much unprecedented, which makes it being prepared more and more difficult. Still, I am for being prepared, come what may. Why? Because being caught off guard sucks. Sucks big time. I know life has a knack for digging situations out of the deep chasms of unexpectedness and literally slapping them onto your face, and more often than not, you will find yourself reeling with the shock of your life. And I'm not saying you can train yourself to reacting with calm in every situation; you just can't. What you can hope to do is after the first wave of shock has passed, you can keep your cool and deal with things in a calm and composed manner. Prepare yourself for a victory and if not brace yourself also for a defeat. Be confident but also be humble. If you know that life can present you with any situation imaginable then you are already a step into being prepared. 

Good luck and stay awesome.

*This is the meme called success kid. It actually is just a picture of a kid with a mouth and fistful of sand but every time I look at it, it feels like the kid is rooting for me, saying, You go girl.*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyena: Doglike, but like no dog anyone would want as a pet.

Life Intensely Lived.

Beauty Missed or not.