I'm not a Chocoholic. Sue me.




If you're done with gaping at the title of this blog, I'd like to assert again that I DON'T LIKE CHOLOLATE!! And I'm not the only one, if you're wondering what the heck makes me stand out from this chocolate-loving planet. Granted, it's proven that chocolate's ingredients have a significant impact on brain chemistry. It is said to stimulate the brain's pleasure centers. Chocolate have been shown to help our body produce more of a special chemical known as “serotonin.” Because serotonin makes us feel relaxed, eating chocolate has a pleasurable, relaxing effect that makes us feel good! It may be true for the 96% of the population (A survey showed that 4% people did not like chocolate) but it's not a fact that is true for everyone. 

Chocolates are too sweet, and I'm not too fond of sweet items. I said, not too fond. But then again, some chocolates aren't sweet, just bitter. Either way, I don't like them. Period. I don't not-eat chocolates either. I certainly don't crave them and will most definitely say no, if you offer me one. I wonder how people can lick them shamelessly like they show on the Cadbury advertisement (Have you felt silk lately...yuck, just makes me retch at the sight of them) Here's a fact, I have to choke down a piece sometimes and may be wash it down with water. Not liking chocolate makes me an anomaly of sorts. It's worse than being a vegetarian. At least, you'll find SOME veggies somewhere, but it's hard to find a chocolate-hater. I have found none. I have even done a research on why people don't like chocolates, wondering if it's some kind of a sickness. After spending days of researching, I'm still unknown to the mystery. I did find a few articles with scientific conclusions to the related topic, but I couldn't understand a word of it. But must I have to reason why I like this and not like that food item? I reckon not.

I have read a couple of very good articles where women (yes, women, and not men) have confessed on their abhorrence to the stuff. Being a citizen of a country like Nepal, where chocolate is not so omnipresent, I'm lucky but even I can't avoid the disbelieving comments of people. You must be so figure conscious, Are you diabetic and the worse yet, You are lying. Sometimes though, I do eat chocolate, cause they seem to fill you up fast. Like the last time I went to a trekking trip, I had carried a bunch of snickers cause they are rich and full of protein (nuts and all). But most of the times though, I shy away from it. I don't like chocolate, so what? It doesn't make me any more weirder than you. And On Your Face, I don’t like coffee, alcohol and cigarette either.

Comments

  1. In ancient Rome there was wise proverb: "There is no accounting for taste" or in Latin: "De gustibus non est disputandum". You don't like chocolate, I like - and the show is going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. We all have our tastes and we need not account for everyone of them. Cheers!

      Delete
  2. I love u for hating chocolates bcoz I always got to have ur share of chocolates too :P When we were young I actually feared u might change ur choco-hate habit :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, and I used to accept chocolates from friends for you guys only. I'm glad there are some people who take please in my aberrance. :)

      Delete
  3. "I don't like coffee, alcohol and cigarette either".. hmmm.. good going!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hyena: Doglike, but like no dog anyone would want as a pet.

Life Intensely Lived.

Beauty Missed or not.