Time Turners and Chloroforms




Sometimes I wonder if I have had too much effect of reading in my life. What a man reads defines who he is. That is true. Of all work of literature, I am not at all shy, even in this age (almost mid 20s, yes) to say that I am still a huge fan of the Harry Potter series. You might think I like the heavy loads like, hell I don't even know many of them. I just read what I like and like what I feel most close to.

But let’s not wander astray from the main thing I am about to discuss here, although some of it does have to do with a Harry Potter thing, and significantly it is. May be it because I have read a little too much of the Harry Potter series, especially the third edition, maybe it is not, but when I was in school, I couldn't just get the notion of seeing myself as an adult out of my system. I used to say to myself, One day, one day the older me, a twenty-four year old me(that's just about now) would somehow pop out and I(the then sixteen year old me) would find me wandering in my school grounds. Wishes, wishes. I could easily blame it to the Time Turner that is showcased in the Prisoner of Azkaban, by the help of which Hermione and Harry get to go back in time, a few hours it was, and see themselves. You must be thinking what fool I am to overlook the fact that they went back in time to revoke some of the actions to save the day. But you can hardly blame an innocent girl. 


Anyways, so I'd desperately want to see how I would look like when I was older, if I was going to be pretty when I grew up, how I'd dress like, how my hair would be set. I wouldn't possibly ask me anything, I'd just peek a look. Talking was not possible, even in my imagined scenario. Well, as expected, the wish never came true. I grew old and well, I did get to see how I look like in my twenties, in my twenties itself.


I had read recently that when you are doused with chloroform, one of the side effects is that you will somehow experience an out-of-body experience, that is, you will see yourself as a separate entity from an angle above yourself. That I do not wish to experiment on. But somehow, sometimes, when I'm out and checking out girls(everyone does that, especially trying to be a fashion police of sorts), I wish I could see me from a stranger's perspective, so that I could judge me what I am wearing, or how I am behaving myself. Of course, I check myself out everymorning before leaving the house, but still.


It was just a passing thought...and I have lost train of it having no idea how to end it, but I hope you got the gist of it. And I bet you have had these thoughts at one point of your life, may be not about how you'd "look" like, but may be about how you are faring in life. We'd all be curious, that I can be sure of.



Comments

  1. When I was teenager, I also liked "Harry Potter" series. But now I see that I grew out of it... Nowadays, I prefer more realistic literature - or surrealistic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I go for life's-drama books these days but I still like Harry Potter books, or any fantasy books.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hyena: Doglike, but like no dog anyone would want as a pet.

Life Intensely Lived.

Beauty Missed or not.