How beautiful you are to yourself?


I have a theory. Beautiful has many interpretations. The most important is your own interpretation.

Every single day, while I am outside, going to and from work, lectures, with friends, you name it, I make it a point to catch a glimpse of myself in every possible reflective surface, be it a passing train or a cafe, anywhere really, that has glasses that will give me a slightest view of how I am looking like on that particular moment. If I think I am not looking good enough, I go about trying to right the wrong and continue to scrutinize my looks until I am satisfied with the look I carry and that amazingly makes my day. It doesn't matter if the wind ruffles my hair afterwards, if my shirt is upturned some way or if my bag looks lopsided. You can see a pep in my step as I walk like I am ready to own the world. At the end of the day, it is I who is my worst critic. If I satisfy me, it doesn't matter if I don't look the best to anyone else. I know so because I have been asked how people looked and without so much as a second thought, I have told them they looked nice. I don't ask anyone if I should post the selfie I just took. If I like it, it goes public. If I don't, no matter how much you try to convince me, it'll stay in my phone until I decide to get rid of it. It's the same with everyone, isn't it? They post pictures of themselves only when they think they're looking good. It doesn't mean shit if I think they're not. It's the reason we don't look "good" on the photos we get tagged in. 

I don't mean to go against the notion that go like, we are beautiful the way we are, or inner beauty is most important. Of course, beauty is important, the one that is within or otherwise. But no matter how they preach, outer beauty will always matter. It's the reason we spend so much time and effort trying to look good. (When I say beauty, I don't just mean my fellow sisters, this goes to guys out there too; "beauty" is applicable to both sexes, no matter how much you deny it)And when we do look good, oh the possibilities are endless. Beauty is a harbinger of happiness. So put your best beautiful face forward and win yourself the world. Today might not be your beautiful day. I cannot guarantee my beautiful days but tomorrow is yet to come. I have bad hair days and God, I know how much that affects how my day goes. Tomorrow however is another story. Do not overindulge, and do not let the idea of beauty run your life but try and maintain a beautiful soul alongside your beautiful self. Check yourself once in a while; if you think you're beautiful, my dear I promise you will glow.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hyena: Doglike, but like no dog anyone would want as a pet.

Life Intensely Lived.

Beauty Missed or not.